Yes. It is very important for your skin to have daily SPF 30 sun protection during all the seasons.
Enhance & Protect has undergone strict testing by an independent company to certify that it is SPF 30 broad spectrum sunscreen, which means it protects the skin from both UVB and UVA rays. UVB are the burning rays and UVA are the aging rays that penetrate deeper and cause cell damage.
The independent laboratory conducted in vitro tests and in-vivo tests on human volunteers. They used the International Standard test method ISO 24444:2010 to evaluate the sun protection in Enhance & Protect.
The results proved that Enhance & Protect has SPF30 and has a category description of High Protection Sunscreen for both the New/Zealand standard 260 4:2012 and EU SPF standard.
Enhance & Protect is a sunscreen with the additional benefits of a moisturiser and serum.
The sunscreen is non-comedogenic, which means it doesn't block the skin's pores, so it doesn't cause breakouts and also means it can be used at night as the skin can still breathe. We use chemical sunscreens because they are light, effective, don't cause breakouts and don't leave a white layer on your skin which many mineral sunscreens do. You can use this every day and that is important for protecting your skin from the sun.
Yes, our products are gender neutral because men and women's skin benefits from the same ingredients and self-care. Men and women's skin is structurally the same although there are some nuances such as men's skin is typically slightly thicker, has larger oil glands and grows more terminal hair. We are about skin health, which is for all genders and the similarities in the skin far outweigh the differences.
Continuity and consistency of use of a good gentle skin care regimen and a healthy lifestyle are key to good skin health. Many skin care products are designed for maximum immediate effect or quick fix but can't be used too often because they can aggrevate the skin. Ours have been created so you can use them daily and multiple times a day, as needed, depending on your activities, to give you immediate and long term benefits. A gentle consistent approach gives the best results. The skin is your largest organ, it's alive and works in approximately 4 week cycles from new skin cells being generated, rising up to the surface and coming off as dead skin cells. Our products have been created to help this process which is how they can help benefit your skin for the long term with consistent use.
You will feel and see some of the benefits such as freshness and moisturisation and sun protection immediately but others will take some time. The skin works in approximately 4 week cycles and the ingredients have an affect on the skin with improvements each cycle until it gets to a stage where they maintain your skin. Some of the benefits of the ingredients start appearing about 3 weeks after continuous daily use and others start about 90 days. We have many customers who have been using the products who see even more improvement after 8 months of continuous use.
These aren't quick fix products but provide short and long term benefits. Using them is like training, it is better to do some each day to get better over time than intense long infrequent sessions.
With increased wearing of masks in day to day life many people are suffering from increased dryness, soreness, redness, blotchiness, breakouts and general deterioration in skin condition, which has led to the term 'maskne' being coined. Active Cleanse and Enhance & Protect work together to help prevent and alleviate these symptoms. They are proven to help reduce and prevent the breakouts in the skin next to helmet straps and across the forehead in athletes that wear helmets. This is very similiar to 'maskne'.
The key is to keep the skin clean as much as possible but many cleansers can't be used multiple times a day which is where Active Cleanse is different because it can be used multiple times without irritation and because it doesn't need water to work you can apply and remove with a tissue or cotton pad anytime on the go. So you will always a refreshed clean skin.
It is equally important to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised which is how the Enhance & Protect can help plus it has the added benefits of ingredients that will help the skin look brighter, reduce lines and reduce breakouts. Combined, these products can help prevent and reduce 'maskne'. They are easy to carry around as they are two products and can be used anytime and often as needed, which really helps prevent and alleviate 'maskne'.
We recommend keeping your mask clean, replacing when necessary and buying good masks.
Athletes put their skin through a lot of punishment from the outside and indoor elements, and although they may have a healthy lifestyle, their skin can be sufferring. We developed and tested the products with athletes to ensure the products are effective, non-irritating and easy to use.
These are some of the issues that our products have been formulated and tested to prevent and treat:
- An active lifestyle puts high demands on the skin - sun, sweat, salt, chlorine,wind, rain and cold - which can cause premature aging of the skin.
- Athletes suffer from lots of break outs and spots especially around the helmet strap areas and forehead, due to sunscreen, perspiration, outside dirt, pollution and hormones.
- Their skin can be oily and dry at different times, sometimes combination, due to the nature of the activites undertaken, so not conforming to the skin care industry labels for their skin.
- Sunscreen runs into their eyes when they sweat and can also cause the body to warm up by blocking the skin’s pores so they stop using it.
- Sweat increases skin sensitivity and the risk of sunburn and other sun-related skin damage.
- They don’t always have access to water to clean their skin, especially after a race and before going on the podium which Active Cleanse was developed to be used without water.
- Needing many products for the active ingredients but not bothering as too complicated and time consuming when they have other priorities.
Active Cleanse, Enhance & Protect have been specifically formulated and tested to protect your skin from the many challenges your skin will face this winter from the outdoor elements and indoor conditions. The following are some of the challenges that our simple and effective daily two step skincare routine help overcome.
- Wind burn is caused by the wind dehydrating the skin and removing the oils that moisturise it, which increases the skin's sensitivity and susceptibility to sunburn from the UV rays that can penetrate through clouds and into your skin.
- Dry, chapped skin is caused by very dry air as there is less air humidity, especially prominent in exposed areas such as the face, neck and hands, which can cause a ‘weather-beaten’look. Moving your exercise regime indoors to the gym can also cause your skin to become dry with increased exposure to central heating or air conditioningsystems.
- Blocked pores are made worse by cold tightening the skin, restricting the ability of the pores to breathe properly. This inhibits their natural function, clogging them and therefore reducing the release of the naturally-produced protective oils. This can make the skin susceptible to drying and infection (spots and blackheads). Eczema sufferers will identify with their skin worsening as the weather changes.
- Redness and Broken veins are caused by the sudden change in the size of capillary blood vessels when entering a warm building from the cold outside (or vice versa) as they respond to the temperature differences, which can cause broken veins and increased redness to the skin.
- ‘Ski goggle burn’ is caused because the intensity of the sun is greater at a higher altitude, producingsimilar sun exposure to that found on a beach holiday and the albedo nature ofsnow reflects the majority of the sun’s radiation back to us. The cold environment cools the skin, preventing the sensation of heat that usually warns us that our skin is getting sunburnt.
The skin care industry is very complex and confusing with so much advice and rules of what ingredients in certain products can be used with other products, which leads to problems with 'layering' products onto each other. Add to this that the skin has a limited absorption rate so many products stop having an effect because the skin can't absorb them. Unless you are a skin expert and you can determine your skin's type, condition and needs then it can be a bit hit and miss.
Therefore, we wanted to combine the benefits of a moisturiser, serum and sunscreen into one product and solve the problems associated with product layering so you can get the benefits of the active ingredients without the issues. The challenge was to get all the active ingredients into one product so they work together and are stable, light, easy to use and effective. The active ingredients include:
- Hyaluronic Acid is a hydrating molecule found naturally in the skin that diminishes with age and needs replenishing. It increases skin's moisture content and prevents water loss. It can hold 1,000 times its weight in water and aids cells to attract, retain and regulate water for hydrated, healthy skin.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that brightens the skin, evens skin tone and stimulates elastin production.
- Vitamin E is a powerful moisturising antioxidant that helps the skin's barrier and protects against free radical damage.
- DMAE firms and tightens the skin helping reduce skin laxity.
- Retinyl Palmitate 0.5% derived from vitamin A, helps cell turnover and collagen production to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne, scars and dark spots, evening out skin tone and smoothing texture.
- Hydrolysed wheat protein for increased firmness, moisture retention leaving the skin soft and conditioned and is one of the most effective pore minimisers by moisturising and nourishing the skin.
- SPF 30 UVA broad spectrum non-comedogenic sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun's UVB and UVA rays.
- Glycerin helps retain moisture in the skin and nourishes it.
- Aloe Vera is nature's potent skin healer and moisturiser.
Our approach to sustainability is to try to reduce the amount and frequency of recycling needed, by creating fewer products and packaging in the first place with a two product regimen and by making the products very efficient, so the same volume of product lasts longer.
We don't use outer packaging such as cardboard for the products, the bottles are stand alone and we send them out with minimal packaging.
We are constantly researching new solutions and we look at the full life cycle impact from the energy used to create the bottles through to recycling.
Our new bottles are made from aluminium which is easily and infinitely recyclable and can be reused.
We also offer refill options so the pumps can be reused.
Your skin reflects your life style and what is going on in your life, so good sleep, diet, exercise, mental health and skincare regimen are all crucial to great skin health. Therefore we love collaborating with individuals and companies who help support, promote and inspire healthy lifestyles. If you would like to collborate with us then please email firstname.lastname@example.org