- These website terms of sale (“Supply Terms”) set out the basis on which we supply our products to you via the website cjharleyst.com (our “Site”).
- When you buy something from our Site, you demonstrate that you accept these Supply Terms and that you agree to abide by them.
- Please take some time and read these Supply Terms carefully before you place your order. You will find out who we are, how we provide products to you, how we can change or end our contract with you, what to do if there is a problem and lots of other important information.
- If for any reason you do not agree to these Supply Terms, you must not purchase products from our Site.
- Information about us
- Our Site is operated by Charles James Cosmetics Limited (under the trading name of Charles James Harley Street) (“we”, “us” or “our”). We are a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 11067225. Our registered office address is: 151 Hempstead Road, Watford, United Kingdom WD17 3HF. Our VAT number is available on request. We are a private limited company.
- You can contact us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone using the following number: 0207 129 7438.
- If we need to contact you for any reason we will do so by phone, email or post to the number or address that you provided in your order. When we say “writing” or “written” in these Supply Terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- After you have placed your order we will email you to confirm whether or not we have accepted your order. If we confirm that we have accepted your order a contract will come into existence between you and us. At this point we will also give you an order number. We will not accept your order until payment for the order has been confirmed.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will let you know and you will not be charged. Sometimes we cannot accept orders because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources, because we have noticed an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline that you have specified.
- We deliver within the UK and internationally save that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law. We reserve the right to accept orders from outside the UK at our discretion.
- Please note that customs, duty and import fees (including tariffs and tax) (“Fees”) may apply if your products are shipped to a destination outside of the UK or EU. These Fees are not included in our delivery charges. Our products are delivered duty unpaid. This means that we are responsible for transportation costs in the delivery of the products but not for paying any Fees relating to your product(s) which are imposed at the destination. You are responsible for paying all such Fees directly to the relevant authorities.
- Our products
- The images on our Site are for illustrative purposes only. We have tried hard to display the product colours accurately but we cannot guarantee that your device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from the Site images.
- Information provided about the products is intended to be used for educational or general informational purposes only. It is not aimed at providing specific advice to any individual and should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any decisions regarding your health or wellbeing. Please consult with your doctor or other health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made on the Site before taking or refraining from any course of action or treatment or if you are unsure how this information, the services or the products available on our Site may affect your health.
- Your rights to make changes
- If you want to make any changes to your order please get in touch. If the change you have asked for is possible we will let you know about any changes we need to make to the price of the order, the timing of delivery or anything else which is different as a result of the change. We will also check whether you want to go ahead with the order on this basis. If we cannot make the change or you are not happy with the consequences of making the change, you may want to end the contract (see paragraph 7).
- How we will provide the products
- Our delivery charges are set out in the Site.
- During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you or we will contact you with an estimated delivery date. For deliveries within the UK, our aim is to ensure that orders will be with you within three to four business days from the day on which we accept your order.
- If our supply of the products to you is delayed by any event that is outside our control then we will let you know as soon as we can but we are not responsible for delays that are outside our control.
- Late Delivery
- If we miss the delivery deadline then you can treat the contract as at an end if either (a) we have refused to deliver the products; or (b) you told us, before we accepted your order, that delivery before the delivery deadline was essential.
- If you do not wish to treat the contract as terminated, or do not have the right to do so under paragraph 6.4, you can set a new, reasonable deadline for delivery.
- If you do decide to treat the contract as at an end under paragraph 6.4 you can cancel your order for any of the products or reject products that have been delivered. You also have the option of rejecting or cancelling the order for some of the products. When you have let us know we will then refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products (including any delivery charges). If the products have already been delivered to you, you must post them back to us within 30 days or allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Failed Delivery
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery we will leave you a note informing you how to rearrange delivery. If you do not then either collect the products from a delivery depot or contact us to re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and details (including details of any additional delivery costs). If we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and paragraph 2 will apply.
- The product(s) will be your responsibility either from the time of delivery to the address you gave us or the time of collection from us. You own the product(s) once we have received payment in full.
- Suspending the contract
- We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:manage a technical problem or to make minor technical changes; or
- make any required updates to the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- We will contact you to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product. You may contact us to cancel your order if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, for a period of more than 30 days. We will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product.
- If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see paragraph3) and you still have not paid us within 10 days of us reminding you to do so, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us any outstanding amounts. We will let you know if we do suspend the supply of the products.
- Your rights to end the contract
- Your rights if you decide to end the contract with us will depend on what product you have bought, if there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing our obligations and at what point you decide to end the contract:if you want to end the contract because of something we have done see paragraph 2;
- if you have just changed your mind about the product, see paragraph 3. You may be able to get a refund;
- if what you have bought is faulty or does not match the description provided online you may have a legal right to end the contract, to get the product repaired or replaced, or to get some or all of your money back, see paragraph 10;
- in all other cases, see paragraph 4.
- Is it something we have done? If you end the contract because of one of the reasons described below, it will end immediately and you will be refunded in full for any products which have not been provided. It is possible that you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:we have told you about a change to the Supply Terms which you do not agree to;
- there was an error in the price or product description on our Site and you do not wish to proceed with your order;
- we have let you know that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- for technical reasons the supply of the products has been suspended for more than 30 days; or
- we have done something which gives you a legal right to end the contract.
- Have you changed your mind? If you are unhappy with the products please do let us know. You have 14 days to change your mind about the products beginning after the day you receive the products, unless they are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you receive the last delivery to change your mind about the products. This excludes sealed products which are not suitable for return due to health or hygiene reasons if unsealed after delivery (unless these items were damaged or faulty when delivered to you or have been incorrectly delivered).
- Are you still allowed to change your mind? You can still end the contract before it is completed (i.e. before delivery) even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind. If you want to end a contract before it is completed, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums that you have already paid for products that have not been provided. We may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the costs we incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- If you want to end the contract, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us or arrange for a collection. Please email us at email@example.com for a return label. You must post them back to us at Charles James Harley Street c/o Flostream Unit 2, Blackthorne Point, Blackthorne Road, Poyle SL3 0DA, United Kingdom. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- We will pay the costs of return:if the products are faulty or do not match the description provided online; or
- if you are ending the contract because of one of the reasons listed in the paragraph “Is it something we have done?”
- In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you will be required to pay the costs of return or collection. These charges will be the same as our standard delivery charges.
- The price paid for the products including delivery costs, will be refunded to you by the same method that you used to pay. We may make some deductions from the price, as described below.
- If you are exercising your right to change your mind we may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products where this was caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. For example if you open or damage the product your refund will be reduced. Returned items must be unused and in their original packaging. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you. In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may also end the contract in some situations including if (a) you fail to pay us when payment is due and you still do not make payment within 10 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or (b) you do not allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us within a reasonable time.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out in paragraph 1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the costs we will incur as a result.
- If there is a problem with the product
- Please contact us if you have any questions or complaints about the product. You can email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. We have summarised you key legal rights in relation to the product below. Don’t worry, nothing in these Supply Terms will affect these rights.
- Legally the products you receive must be as described, they must be fit for purpose and they must be of satisfactory quality. After you have received the products you have the following legal rights:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time, then you may be entitled to some money back.
- There are some exceptions to these legal rights. For information please visit the Citizens Advice website adviceguide.org.uk or call 03444 111 444.
- If you wish to exercise any of these legal rights to reject products, you must either post them back to us or allow us to collect them. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please email us at Charles James Harley Street c/o Flostream Unit 2, Blackthorne Point, Blackthorne Road, Poyle SL3 0DA, United Kingdom for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Price and payment
- The price of your product (which includes VAT) will be set out on the order pages when you place your order. We take care to make sure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However, it is always possible that something may be incorrectly priced. We will contact you if the price you have been given is wrong and ask you whether or not you want to continue with your order.
- We accept payment by any major credit or debit card. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you. If you think a charge is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
- How we may use your personal information
- When you submit an order you will need to provide us with information about yourself. We use the information to supply the products to you (e.g your delivery address); to process your payment for the products (e.g. your credit card details); and if you agreed to this when ordering, to give you information about similar products that you might like - you can stop receiving this information at any time by contacting us.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We only supply products for domestic and private use. We are not liable for any business losses. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Our maximum liability to you in relation to any order for products will be the amount equal to the price of the products you have ordered from us.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products (including the right to receive products which are as described, of satisfactory quality, fit for any particular purpose made known to us).
- Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Supply Terms to another organisation.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Supply Terms operates separately. If any of them are deemed unlawful in any court of relevant authority, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we delay in taking steps against you when you break this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do what we ask in order to remedy your breach and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These Supply Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts or in the courts of the EU country in which you live.
- Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers both sides of a dispute and helps to resolve it, without having to go to court. If you are unhappy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact an alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage.
(Complete and return it to email@example.com this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To Charles James Cosmetics Limited
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following products [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate